In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shanghai chicken wings with ginger-lime dipping sauce and bok choy slaw
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
These roasted chicken wings are so crisp, you’ll swear they were fried. Thanks to a light dusting of baking powder (instead of flour), we keep them paleo and gluten-free.
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 organic lime
- Sun Basket dipping sauce base (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 1 organic carrot
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket slaw dressing base (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
Cooking the wings on a wire rack set inside a sheet pan allows the hot air in the oven to circulate around the wings. This promotes even cooking and deliciously crisp, golden brown skin. Lining the sheet pan with foil makes cleanup a breeze.
Calories: 460, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 890mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the chicken wings
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
Arrange the chicken wings on the prepared rack in a single layer. Roast, flipping once halfway through, until the skin is crisp and lightly browned and the meat is cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the black sesame seeds
Make the ginger-lime dipping sauce
- Zest and juice the lime (the juice will be divided between the dipping sauce and the slaw); set aside the zest for the slaw.
Make the slaw; prep the garnish
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Peel or scrub the carrot and trim the ends. Lay the carrot flat; using a peeler, shave the carrot lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Line the sheet pan with foil and grease the rack.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Garnish the chicken with cilantro.