Shanghai chicken wings with ginger-lime dipping sauce
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
35 – 50 Minutes
These roasted chicken wings are so crisp you’ll swear they were fried, thanks to Chef Justine’s genius paleo, gluten-free trick. (The secret ingredient is baking powder.)
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lime
- Dipping sauce base (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 1 carrot
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Slaw dressing base (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Using sambal oelek is one of our favorite ways to add heat and flavor to a dish. Sambal is an Indonesian term used for a sauce made with chiles, and oelek refers to the mortar and pestle traditionally used to make it.
Calories: 530, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 1070mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: (Honey): 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.