In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken with cranberry-pecan bread salad and green beans
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 910 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine was inspired by a traditional holiday dressing to make this seasonal bread salad with dried cranberries and toasted pecans. This dish is a bit more indulgent than the average Sunbasket meal. If you’d like to reduce the calories and saturated fat, remove the skin from the chicken. But if you’re seeking full flavor, by all means leave it on.
In your bag
- 1 ciabatta roll
- ¼ cup unsalted pecans
- 1-2 shallots
- 1-2 celery stalks
- Flat leaf parsley
- 1 apple
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ pound blue lake green beans
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Calories 910, Total Fat 53g (68% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 910mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Protein 47g
Wash produce before use
Toast the bread and pecans
- Tear the ciabatta roll into 1-inch pieces.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the bread salad
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Chop the celery into approximately ½ inch pieces.
- Chop the parsley.
- Core and slice the apple into ¼ -inch-thick slices.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the beans.
Cook the chicken and make the pan sauce
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Chop the thyme.