In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken with crispy potatoes, avocado mash, and honey-lime yogurt
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
We dish up juicy organic chicken thighs with a creamy avocado mash, crunchy cabbage slaw, and tangy honey-lime yogurt. If you’re looking for a beautifully balanced meal, this one hits the spot.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- Sunbasket Mexican spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - cumin)
- 1 organic avocado
- 3 ounces organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket honey-lime yogurt (Greek yogurt - lime juice - honey)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
Calories 480, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 150mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 27g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potatoes
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half; cut any large halves into 1-inch pieces.
On a sheet pan, toss the potatoes with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and the Mexican spice blend. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until tender, golden brown, and starting to crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise; remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the avocado mash and the cabbage slaw). Set aside the zest for garnish. [Zest 1 lime; juice both limes.]
- Season the honey-lime yogurt to taste with salt and pepper; set aside for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside for garnish.
Make the avocado mash and cabbage slaw
In a medium bowl, using a fork or masher, mash the avocado. Add the tomatoes and half the lime juice and stir to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In another medium bowl, toss together the cabbage, remaining lime juice, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts.
Transfer the cabbage slaw to individual plates, top with the chicken, and spoon the avocado mash alongside. Arrange the roasted potatoes on the plates and sprinkle with the lime zest. Drizzle the chicken and potatoes with the honey-lime yogurt, garnish with the cilantro, and serve.
- Scrub the potatoes and season for roasting.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh.
- Make the avocado mash.
- Assemble the cabbage slaw.
- Garnish the dish with honey-lime yogurt and cilantro.