In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken with gremolata and orange-glazed beet and radicchio salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Did you know? The natural compounds that give fruits and veggies their colors can help reduce the risk of cancer. If that doesn’t have you reaching for this colorful beet and radicchio salad, the flavors sure will!
In your bag
- 1 head organic radicchio
- 10 ounces organic golden beets
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket orange glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- Chicken options:
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pistachios
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata
Calories: 690, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the radicchio
Bring a medium sauce pot of salted water to a boil.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Cut the radicchio into quarters lengthwise, then cut away any core; thinly slice the radicchio crosswise. Submerge the radicchio in the ice water while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the beets
- Peel the beets; cut the beets into ½-inch pieces.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate (the zest and juice will be divided between the beets and the gremolata).
To the pot of boiling water, add the beets, reduce to a simmer, and cook until fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to the pot, then stir in the orange glaze, ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the glaze has thickened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the beets are cooking, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Make the gremolata
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons [3 tsp]. Set aside 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] for the radicchio.
In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] garlic, remaining lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the garnishes; cook the radicchio
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Crumble the ricotta salata.
- Remove the radicchio from the ice water and thoroughly dry with a paper or kitchen towel.
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the radicchio and cook until slightly softened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the orange-glazed beets. Season to taste with salt and pepper and any remaining lemon juice, if desired.
Transfer the orange-glazed beet and radicchio salad to individual plates and sprinkle with the pistachios and ricotta salata. Add the chicken, spoon the gremolata over the top of the chicken, and serve.
- Submerge the radicchio in ice water.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the gremolata.
- Crumble the ricotta salata.