In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Paprika-rubbed chicken breasts with asparagus and olive tapenade
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
A two-olive tapenade brings richness to smoky paprika-rubbed chicken breasts, served with one of our favorite spring vegetables, asparagus.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Nutrition per serving
Calories 640, Total Fat 46g (59% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 12g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel the shallots and cut them crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the chicken and lemon.
Prep and cook the chicken and lemon
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the sweet smoked paprika.
- Juice half the lemon and set aside for the olive tapenade; cut the other half in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into half-moons.]
While the chicken and lemon cook, prepare the olive tapenade.
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Separate the shallot slices into rings.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the olive tapenade.