In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Paprika-rubbed chicken breasts with asparagus and olive tapenade
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
A two-olive tapenade brings richness to smoky paprika-rubbed chicken breasts, served with one of our favorite spring vegetables, asparagus.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
If you have a food processor, you can save a few minutes on the olive tapenade prep (Step 3). Strip the parsley leaves but don’t chop the parsley, olives, and garlic. Instead, add those ingredients plus the lemon juice and oil to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Capers are the preserved young flower buds of the caper bush, often used as a condiment or seasoning. Their delicate nature requires that they be picked by hand, then they’re dried and salted or brined. A few of these beautifully briny berries goes a long way to cut the richness of bold, buttery-flavored dishes.
Calories: 640, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 46g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 12g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel the shallots and cut them crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the chicken and lemon.
Prep and cook the chicken and lemon
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the sweet smoked paprika.
- Juice half the lemon and set aside for the olive tapenade; cut the other half in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into half-moons.]
While the chicken and lemon cook, prepare the olive tapenade.
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Separate the shallot slices into rings.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the olive tapenade.