In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Paprika-rubbed chicken breasts with asparagus and olive tapenade
Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
A two-olive tapenade brings richness to smoky paprika-rubbed chicken breasts, served with one of our favorite spring vegetables, asparagus.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 640, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 46g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 12g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel the shallots and cut them crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the chicken and lemon.
Prep and cook the chicken and lemon
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the sweet smoked paprika.
- Juice half the lemon and set aside for the olive tapenade; cut the other half in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into half-moons.]
While the chicken and lemon cook, prepare the olive tapenade.
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Separate the shallot slices into rings.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the olive tapenade.