Chicken breasts with asparagus and olive tapenade
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
20 – 30 Minutes
Thanks to our house-made olive tapenade, this restaurant-worthy paleo chicken dinner requires only one pan and 20 to 30 minutes in the kitchen.
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 6 ounces asparagus
- Fresh thyme
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Olive tapenade (Kalamata olives - Castelvetrano olives - capers - garlic - olive oil - black pepper)
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel the shallots and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
While the shallots and asparagus cook, prepare the chicken and lemon.
Prep and cook the chicken and lemon
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt, pepper, and the sweet smoked paprika.
- Juice half the lemon for the olive tapenade; cut the other half into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the chicken cooks, season the olive tapenade.
Finish the olive tapenade
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 2g (8% DV), Total Fat: 59g (91% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 40g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).