In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts and parsley-pecan pesto with roasted beets and oranges
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Roasting oranges may become your new favorite culinary trick. For rich winter flavor, we pair them with rosemary and beets to accompany chicken breasts and our parsley pesto.
In your bag
- ¼ pound red beets
- ¼ pound golden beets
- 1 orange
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 5 ounces chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Sun Basket parsley-pecan pesto (fresh parsley - pecans - olive oil - fresh garlic - salt - pepper)
Calories: 420, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 330mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the beets and orange
- Scrub the red and golden beets and trim off the ends; cut the beets crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, remove the peel from the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop enough leaves to measure 2 teaspoons.
Brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the chicken, beets, and orange
While the chicken, beets, and orange roast, prepare the kale.
Cook the kale