In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken with roasted Brussels sprouts and truffle cauliflower mash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Classic chicken dinner sides just got a glow-up. Forget mashed potatoes, we bring you luscious truffle cauliflower mash and garlicky roasted vegetables for one good looking plate.
In your bag
- 2 organic carrots
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 ounce shallot-garlic confit
- Protein options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons truffle butter
- ⅓ cup chicken demi-glace
Calories 500, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut any smaller carrots in half lengthwise and any larger carrots in quarters lengthwise.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
On a sheet pan, toss the carrots and Brussels sprouts with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast, stirring the vegetables halfway through, until tender and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the shallot-garlic confit, and toss until the vegetables are coated.
While the vegetables are roasting, prepare your protein.
Prep and cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into ½-inch thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add the salmon to the pan and cook until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
While your protein is cooking, make the truffle cauliflower mash.
Make the truffle cauliflower mash
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
In a medium [large] sauce pot over medium heat, add the cauliflower, cover with about a 1-inch deep layer of water, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Strain the cauliflower and shake off as much excess water as possible. Return the cauliflower to the pot, then mash it with a fork or masher. Add the truffle butter and stir until thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Make the demi-glace
In the same pan used for your protein, add the demi-glace and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
Spoon as much demi-glace as you like down the center of individual plates and top with your protein. Arrange the roasted vegetables and truffle cauliflower mash on either side. Serve any remaining demi-glace on the side.
- Season the vegetables.
- Time the cooking.
- Set the table.