In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and cauliflower with rosemary-roasted onion and oranges
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Prepare your palate for this dynamic array of winter flavors. Tangy-sweet orange, piney rosemary, and red onion decorate this paleo, clean-eater’s chicken dish.
In your bag
- 1 red onion
- 2 oranges
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
Calories 600, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the onion and oranges
- Peel the red onion and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
- Cut 1 whole orange (including peel) in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the remaining orange; cut the fruit in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Set aside for finishing the dish.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the onion and orange roast, prepare the cauliflower.
Cook the cauliflower mash
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper .
While the chicken cooks, finish the roasted onion and orange.
Finish the roasted onion and orange
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.