In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken yakitori with broccoli and rice
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
These chicken and scallion skewers come together in a flash, thanks to our house-made teriyaki glaze. Steamed rice and lightly charred broccoli complete the meal.
In your bag
- ½ cup sushi rice
- 6 organic scallions
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket teriyaki glaze (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- Wooden skewers
- ½ pound organic broccoli
Calories: 610, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 28g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and skewer the chicken and scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set aside half the teriyaki glaze for serving.
Cook the chicken skewers
While the chicken cooks, prepare the broccoli.
Prep and cook the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Divide the teriyaki glaze.