In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea and cauliflower fried rice with a soft cooked egg
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Finely chopped cauliflower makes a grain-free stand-in for rice in this protein-packed vegetarian stir-fry. We’ve loaded it with vegetables, like spring onions, peppers, and asparagus for an easy dinner that’s as colorful as it is delicious.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 to 2 spring onions
- 3 ounces asparagus
- 16 ounces cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chili flakes- optional
- 1 cup chickpeas
- Fried-rice sauce (tamari- mirin- rice wine vinegar)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 570, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 225mg (75% DV), Sodium 770mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Protein 21g
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Prep the vegetables
- Rinse the spring onions, cut the green tops from the bulbs, and then thinly slice both the tops and bulbs, keeping them separate.
- Trim the root ends of the asparagus and cut the stalks on an angle into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Chop the cauliflower into corn-kernel-size pieces, or pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Remove the core and seeds from the bell pepper and cut into ¼-inch-thick strips.
Make the spring onion oil
- In a heat-proof bowl, season the green tops of the spring onions with salt and a pinch of sugar (optional).
Toast the almonds
Make the fried cauliflower
Add the chickpeas and cauliflower, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the fried-rice sauce, remove from the heat, and season with salt and pepper.