In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea and tomatillo stew with wilted dandelion greens
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
If you’ve never tried dandelion greens before, you can thank us later. They give this vegetarian and gluten-free main course a nutritional boost and bright, peppery flavor.
In your bag
- ¾ cup red rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1⅓ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 ounces dandelion greens
- 1 lime
- Pozole spice blend (achiote - dried Mexican oregano - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 2 tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- ½ cup crushed tomatillos
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Total Fat 13g (17% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 490mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 100g (36% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 21g
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the stew.
Prep the stew ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; cut the poblano lengthwise into ½-inch-wide strips and then crosswise into ½-inch pieces. Wash your hands after handling.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Trim the stems from the dandelion greens; coarsely chop the greens.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish.
Cook the stew
When the stew is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.