In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea and tomatillo stew with wilted dandelion greens
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
If you’ve never tried dandelion greens before, you can thank us later. They give this vegetarian and gluten-free main course a nutritional boost and bright, peppery flavor.
In your bag
- ¾ cup red rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1⅓ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 ounces dandelion greens
- 1 lime
- Pozole spice blend (achiote - dried Mexican oregano - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 2 tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- ½ cup crushed tomatillos
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 100g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the stew.
Prep the stew ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; cut the poblano lengthwise into ½-inch-wide strips and then crosswise into ½-inch pieces. Wash your hands after handling.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Trim the stems from the dandelion greens; coarsely chop the greens.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish.
Cook the stew
When the stew is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.