In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea-quinoa burgers with roasted carrot and parsnip “fries”
Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Not your everyday veggie burgers, our patties blend quinoa and chickpeas for a falafel-inspired result that’s ideal for game day or family dinner.
In your bag
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¾ pound carrots
- ¾ pound parsnips
- 1 red onion
- 5 ounces baby kale
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- Burger spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet paprika - ground coriander - dried dill)
- Sunbasket ranch dressing (Greek yogurt - paleo mayo - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - salt - black pepper - fresh dill)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 570, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 91g (33% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 14g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Place a sheet pan in the oven to warm.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the carrots and parsnips.
Roast the carrot and parsnip “fries”
- Scrub or peel the carrots and parsnips and trim off the ends; cut the carrots and parsnips crosswise into 3-inch lengths, then lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide spears.
While the carrots and parsnips roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the onion and kale
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion into rings; coarsely chop half the onion for the patties; set aside the remaining onion rings for serving.
- Finely chop the kale.
- Rinse the chickpeas. Transfer to a medium bowl; using the bottom of a cup, gently mash to a coarse paste.
While the onion and kale cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; toast the buns
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce.
- Tear the lettuce leaves into burger-size pieces.
While the buns toast, start assembling the burgers.
Assemble the patties; cook the burgers
In the same pan used for the onion and kale, add 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the patties and cook, turning once, until a dark golden-brown crust forms, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Assemble the burgers
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Rinse and mash the chickpeas.
- Tear the lettuce leaves.
- Brush the buns with oil.
- Form the chickpea mixture into patties.