In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea tartines with soft-cooked eggs and arugula salad
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Topped with fresh herbs and served with an arugula salad, these protein-packed open-faced sandwiches are a photo-worthy vegetarian favorite.
In your bag
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 ciabatta roll
- Chickpea spice blend (cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 lime
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 ounces baby arugula
Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 650mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the ciabatta.
Toast the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half lengthwise; brush the cut side of each half with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
While the ciabatta toasts, prepare the spiced oil.
Make the spiced oil; cook the chickpeas
- Divide the chickpea spice blend in half.
- Peel the shallots and cut in half. Coarsely chop half for the chickpeas; thinly slice half for the salad.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
In same pan used for the ciabatta, warm 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the chopped shallots and remaining spice blend and cook until the shallots start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas and ½ cup water and simmer until the liquid has reduced and the chickpeas are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
While the chickpeas cook, prepare the lime yogurt.
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep the herb mixture and arugula salad
- Strip the parsley and cilantro eaves from the stems.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Add the arugula and sliced shallots and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.