In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea–green chile burgers with avocado and pickled carrots
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
These Southwestern-inspired veggie burgers blend chickpeas with mild green chiles and chili powder for deeply satisfying patties.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces shredded carrots (see Market Watch note)
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1⅓ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound mild green chiles
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado
- 2 vegan burger buns
- Sunbasket red pepper–cashew “ketchup” (roasted red peppers - cashew butter - fresh garlic - lemon juice - salt)
Calories 810, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1090mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 113g (41% DV), Fiber 26g (93% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the quick-pickled carrots
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups]; set aside half for the burgers.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the burgers.
In a small sauce pot, combine the quick-pickle brine, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water, and half the shallots; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
Carefully pour the brine and shallots over the carrots and let cool. Stir in half the cilantro.
While the carrots cool, make the patties.
Prep the patties
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Cook the burgers
While the patties cook, prepare the avocado.
Prep the avocado; toast the buns
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Assemble the burgers
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Stir together the chickpea mixture and form the patties.
- Assemble the burgers.