In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chile-rubbed chicken breasts with tomatillo-avocado salsa and asparagus
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Our custom chile rub provides (mild) heat, while a chunky tomatillo salsa mixed with good-fat avocado brings the cool to this summery paleo meal.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken spice rub (ancho chile powder - cumin - coriander - sweet smoked paprika - chipotle powder)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatillos
- 2½ ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 5 ounces asparagus
Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Season the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and as much spice rub as you like. Let stand until ready to cook.
Make the tomatillo-avocado salsa
- Peel and finely chop enough red onion to measure ½ cup.
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos; rinse, pat dry, and coarsely chop the fruit.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or into quarters.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and rests, prepare the asparagus.
Prep and cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
Make It Leaner: The oil in the salsa adds flavor, texture, and good fats but also bumps up the calories. You can lose 60 calories by omitting the oil altogether. To brighten the salsa while keeping calories to a minimum, add some additional lime juice and chile flakes.