In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
“Chiles rellenos” with turkey, black beans, and vegan cheese
Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Charring peppers on the stovetop might be your new favorite cooking technique. Our easy chiles rellenos are a clean-eating take on a Southwestern favorite.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sunbasket Southwestern spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 organic red or other bell peppers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket “queso” (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
Calories 500, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the turkey-bean filling
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the black beans.
Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the beans are warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the filling cooks, prepare the peppers.
Prep the cilantro; char and stuff the peppers
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Drizzle the “queso.”
- Garnish with the cilantro.