In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
“Chiles rellenos” with turkey, black beans, and vegan cheese
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Charring peppers on the stovetop might be your new favorite cooking technique. Our easy chiles rellenos are a clean-eating take on a Southwestern favorite.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sun Basket Southwestern spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 organic red or other bell peppers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket “queso” (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
Calories: 500, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the turkey-bean filling
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the black beans.
Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the beans are warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the filling cooks, prepare the peppers.
Prep the cilantro; char and stuff the peppers
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Drizzle the “queso.”
- Garnish with the cilantro.