In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chili “cheese” tostadas with radishes and tomatoes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Get your fix of crunchy, crispy, cool, and creamy. These tostadas are piled high with a quick bean chili, fresh garnishes, and our creamy cashew-based “cheese” blend.
In your bag
- 1½ cups cooked kidney beans
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ½ cup sliced pitted black olives
- Sunbasket vegan “cheese” blend (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 540, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1200mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 61g (22% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 14g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chili
- Rinse the kidney beans.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
In a small [medium] sauce pot, combine the beans, tomatoes, chili powder, and vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes and tortillas.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; thinly slice the leaves.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
Crisp the tortillas
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, add the tortillas and cook, turning once, until crisp, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and season with salt. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Transfer the tortillas to individual plates and top with the chili, romaine, radishes, and olives. Drizzle with the “cheese” blend and serve.
- Rinse the beans.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Help assemble the tostadas.
- Drizzle with the “cheese” blend.