Chili mac ‘n’ cheese
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Soy Free
25 - 35 Minutes
Our custom chili spice blend—plus two kinds of beans and our favorite elbow macaroni—bring instant flavor and protein to this easy vegetarian dish. We’ve long been wary of gluten-free pastas, but Edison Grainery converted us. Their quinoa pastas taste as good or better than traditional wheat.
- ½ pound Edison Grainery gluten-free quinoa elbow pasta
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lime
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
Cook the elbow pasta
While the water heats and the pasta cooks, make the chili.
Cook the chili
- Rinse the white beans and kidney beans.
While the chili cooks, prepare the lime yogurt.
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime.
- Juice the lime.
Prep the garnishes; finish the chili mac ‘n’ cheese
- Measure out ¼ cup cheddar for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lime and stir the lime yogurt.
- Measure out the cheddar.
- Set out the garnishes and serve the meal.
- Help clean up.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 560, Protein: 22 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Carbohydrates: 79 g, Fiber: 10 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 540 mg