Chinese chicken salad with rice noodles and sesame-citrus dressing
Paleo-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
This paleo-friendly and gluten-free main-course salad is sweet and tangy thanks to our housemade sesame-citrus dressing.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles*
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound total)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 wedge Savoy cabbage (about ¾ pound)
- 2 red bell peppers
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 3 scallions
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- Sesame-citrus dressing (lemon juice - orange juice - sesame oil)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Instead of soaking the rice noodles, you can cook them in boiling water, like pasta. Bring a medium sauce pot of unsalted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes, then drain.
Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts.
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 370, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.