In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese chicken salad with rice noodles and sesame-citrus dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
This paleo-friendly and gluten-free main-course salad is sweet and tangy thanks to our housemade sesame-citrus dressing.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles*
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound total)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 wedge Savoy cabbage (about ¾ pound)
- 2 red bell peppers
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 3 scallions
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- Sesame-citrus dressing (lemon juice - orange juice - sesame oil)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 370, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 270mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Soak the rice noodles
- Set the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl.
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Add the ginger and garlic and cook, turning the chicken once or twice to coat with the ginger and garlic, until the chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a cutting board to cool, then cut the chicken into ¼-inch-wide strips.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the bell peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Using the bottom of a bowl, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
Toss the salad
- Set the noodles in a heatproof bowl.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the ginger and garlic.
- Crush the cashews.
- Toss the salad.