In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese chicken salad with rice noodles and “creamy” sesame dressing
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
This is everything you want from a Chinese chicken salad—crisp vegetables, gingery chicken, flavorful dressing, and crunchy cashews. Better yet, it’s all tossed together with slurpable rice noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket “creamy” sesame dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
Calories: 660, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips. In a large bowl, stir together the chicken and stir-fry blend.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
Assemble the chicken salad
- Time the rice noodles.
- Crush the cashews.
- Measure the “creamy” sesame dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the scallions and cashews.