In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese five-spice pork stir-fry with cabbage and red peppers
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly, Soy-Free
4 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Crunchy with cabbage and bell peppers, and sweet with the cinnamon and star anise in the five-spice blend, this stir-fry is as good as it is good for you. Adults on a strict paleo diet can skip the rice.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice (optional)
- 1¼ pounds boneless pork strips
- 1½ teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 red bell peppers
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- 2 scallions
- Sun Basket stir-fry seasoning (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fish sauce - coconut vinegar)
Calories: 570, Protein: 41g, Total Fat: 14g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Carbohydrates: 69g, Fiber: 5g, 20% Sugar: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 710mg
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 330, Protein: 36g, Total Fat: 14g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 710mg
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the pork packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt, pepper, and the five-spice powder.
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers. Thinly slice the bell peppers.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure ½ teaspoon.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Brown the pork
Cook the stir-fry
Add the cabbage and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, stir-fry seasoning, pork, and any accumulated juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chef's tip: To get dinner on the table even faster, in Step 2, start browning the pork while you finish prepping the remaining stir-fry ingredients.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic and ginger.
- Transfer the rice to individual plates.
- Sprinkle the rice with the scallions.