Chinese five-spice steak stir-fry with cauliflower “rice”
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Quick-cooking cauliflower “rice” serves as the bed for this bold-flavored yet lean steak stir-fry that’s both paleo and gluten-free.
In your bag
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sun Basket paleo stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 2 ounces baby kale
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Make It Leaner
Reserve one-third of the steak for lunch tomorrow and you’ll save 85 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving. When cooking the cauliflower “rice,” replace the oil with a few tablespoons of water to shave off an additional 20 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving.
Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).