In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese five-spice steak stir-fry with cauliflower “rice”
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Quick-cooking cauliflower “rice” serves as the bed for this bold-flavored yet lean steak stir-fry that’s both paleo and gluten-free.
In your bag
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sunbasket paleo stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 2 ounces baby kale
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 700mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, prepare the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into 1-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, pepper, and the five-spice powder.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Remove from the heat and stir in the kale and as much sambal oelek as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.