In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese long-life noodles with stir-fried vegetables
Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
The longer the noodle, the longer the life—or so Chinese legend goes. Fresh ramen noodles and vegetables stir-fried with our vegan “oyster sauce” shine in this traditional good-luck dish.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 3 scallions
- 2 or 3 heads baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 1 or 2 carrots (about ¼ pound total)
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sun Basket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - red miso paste - pitted prunes - fresh garlic - molasses - fresh ginger - porcini powder)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 510, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: Sugars (Molasses): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the ramen.
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables and eggs
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the stir-fry
Add the ramen and vegan “oyster sauce” blend, and 2 tablespoons [3 TBL] of the reserved mushroom soaking liquid (be careful not to include any of the grit). Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the mushrooms and water in a pot.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Sprinkle the scallions.