In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese long-life noodles with stir-fried bok choy and mushrooms
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
The longer the noodle, the longer your life—or so Chinese saying goes. In this traditional good-luck dish, we combine fresh ramen noodles, crisp-tender veggies, and our vegan “oyster sauce” for a celebratory finish.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces Moon Noodles fresh ramen
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 or 3 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 1 organic carrot
- 2 organic eggs
- Sunbasket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - miso - dried plums - garlic - molasses - ginger - porcini powder)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 510, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 750mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 21g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften the mushrooms
In a small sauce pot, combine the shiitake mushrooms and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the ramen.
Cook the ramen
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Stir in the ramen and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the water is heating and the ramen is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the vegetables and eggs
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the stir-fry
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and white parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are dark brown and the scallions are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and carrot and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until just set but still moist, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the ramen, vegan “oyster sauce” blend, and 2 tablespoons [3 TBL] of the reserved mushroom soaking liquid (be careful not to include any grit). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the stir-fry to individual bowls. Garnish with the green parts of the scallions and as much sambal oelek as you like and serve.
- Combine the mushrooms and water in a pot.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.