In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chinese-style silky scrambled eggs with shrimp over rice and peas
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Pescatarian, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
With each bite of this must-eat dish, the silky smooth eggs melt in your mouth, the succulent shrimp dance with flavor, and the fluffy bed of rice brings the whole team together.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- ½ cup organic peas
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic eggs
- Sunbasket tamari-sesame blend (gluten-free tamari - miso - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
Calories 570, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 430mg (143% DV), Sodium 870mg (38% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small [medium] sauce pot, combine the rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, stir in the peas, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended. Stir in all except 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] scallions, the garlic, and tamari-sesame blend.
- Measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] cornstarch; save the rest for another use.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] cornstarch and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] water to form a slurry.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Sauté the onion
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the shrimp and eggs
In the same pan used for the onion, if dry, add 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until starting to turn opaque but not yet cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
Stir the cornstarch slurry to recombine, then add the slurry and onion to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are just set but still moist and the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice to individual bowls and top with the eggs and shrimp. Garnish with the remaining scallions and serve.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the cornstarch.
- Mix the cornstarch slurry.
- Garnish with the scallions.