In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chipotle BBQ tofu salad with black beans and honey-mustard vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
What makes this salad so cool? Maybe it’s the crispy cucumber or the juicy tomatoes. Or maybe it’s the plant-based twist on BBQ chicken salad. Either way, this Southwestern-inspired dish has it all.
In your bag
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket chipotle BBQ sauce base (tomato paste - maple syrup - chipotle chile powder - garlic - apple cider vinegar)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 1 organic cucumber
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- Sunbasket honey-mustard vinaigrette base (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
Calories 570, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the tofu
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or grease with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and crumble it into 1-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, toss the tofu with the chipotle BBQ sauce base and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread the tofu in an even layer on the prepared sheet pan and roast, stirring halfway through, until the tofu is firm and the edges are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half; cut any large tomatoes into quarters.
Toast the pumpkin seeds; make the vinaigrette
In a dry small frying pan over medium heat, add the pumpkin seeds and toast, stirring often, until golden brown and starting to pop, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl, drizzle with the tamari, and toss to coat; let cool.
In another small bowl, stir together the honey-mustard vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the romaine to individual bowls. Top with the beans, cucumber, tomatoes, cheddar, and BBQ tofu. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds, drizzle with the honey-mustard vinaigrette, and serve.
- Pat the tofu dry and crumble.
- Rinse the beans.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Help assemble the salads for serving.