In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chipotle chicken lettuce cups with mango-avocado salsa
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
These paleo and gluten-free lettuce cups are bold and refreshing, thanks to our house-made chipotle mayo and a fast mango-avocado salsa.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- Sunbasket chipotle mayo (paleo mayo - sweet smoked paprika - chipotle powder)
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- 1 mango
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
Total Fat 39g (60% DV), Sat. Fat 19g (95% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 520mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 49g (16% DV), Fiber 9g (36% DV), Total Sugars 33g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and toss with 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo. Set aside the remaining mayo for serving.
While the chicken cooks, start the mango-avocado salsa.
Make the mango-avocado salsa
- Juice the lime.
- Peel and finely chop enough red onion to measure ½ cup.
- Trim off the top and bottom of the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh into two halves away from the pit. Cut the halves lengthwise into ½-inch strips, then crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep the lettuce
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce; separate the leaves.