In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chipotle chilaquiles with black beans and fried eggs
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Chilaquiles never ceases to amaze us: tortilla chips, simmered in red sauce, and topped with egg. It’s a hearty meal that’s full of flavor, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 chipotle chile in gluten-free adobo (optional)
- Sun Basket Mexican simmer sauce base (tomatoes - onion - EVOO - garlic - chili powder - sweet smoked paprika - coriander - cumin - Mexican oregano)
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- ½ cup Wholly guacamole
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Smoky, spicy, and subtly sweet, chipotle chiles in adobo are a common ingredient in Mexican and Southwestern recipes. They’re made by marinating smoke-dried jalapeños in an adobo sauce of tomato, paprika, garlic, salt, and vinegar. They add smokiness as well as spice, but if you’re sensitive to heat, omit them.
Calories: 750, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion; set aside 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] for garnish.
- Rinse the black beans.
- If using the chipotle chile, coarsely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
While the sauce simmers, cook the eggs.
Fry the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the garnishes and finish the chilaquiles.
Prep the garnishes; finish the chilaquiles
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Garnish the chilaquiles.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
Amazing! This was such a cool idea, and it had a ton of flavor. — Sun Basket customer Joe C.