In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy chipotle red bean and sweet potato hash with tempeh
Spicy, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
If you’re in the mood for a warming breakfast for dinner, our tempeh-centric hash, gently spiced with chipotles, fits the bill.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- Sunbasket chipotle simmer sauce base (fire-roasted tomatoes - coconut milk - molasses - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - chipotle chile powder - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic purple sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ cup cooked red beans
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 580, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 22g (88% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 230mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 29g, Added Sugars: 5g (10% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Rinse the red beans.
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Cook the hash
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the red beans.
- Divide the cilantro in half.
- Garnish the hash.