In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy barbacoa chicken wings with roasted sweet potato and salsa verde
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Slathered and roasted with our fiery chipotle barbacoa sauce, these juicy chicken wings will have you licking your fingers to get every last drop.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket spicy chipotle barbacoa sauce (tomato paste - Dijon mustard - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt - cinnamon)
- 1¼ pounds chicken wings
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Calories 670, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 150mg (50% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 49g (18% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 29g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the sweet potato and onion
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato; cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel the onion and cut it crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices; separate the slices into rings.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the sweet potato and onion with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Prep the chicken wings
- Set aside 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] spicy chipotle barbacoa sauce for serving.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], toss the chicken wings to coat with all except 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] barbacoa sauce. Arrange the wings in an even layer.
Roast the sweet potato, onion, and chicken
Roast, stirring the vegetables and turning the chicken wings halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and the wings are cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salsa verde.
Make the salsa verde
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, cilantro, lime juice, half the cumin, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more cumin, if desired.
Transfer the chicken wings to individual plates and brush with the remaining barbacoa sauce or serve on the side for dipping. Arrange the roasted vegetables alongside and top with the salsa verde. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Separate the onion slices into rings.
- Toss the sweet potato and onion with oil and season.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the salsa verde.