In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chipotle-rubbed chicken with strawberry and kale salad
Mediterranean, Spicy, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
This gorgeous paleo kale salad, tossed with tomatoes, summer squash, and strawberries and topped with chipotle chicken, comes together in about 20 minutes.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅓ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket spicy chipotle rub (chipotle chile powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ pound organic strawberries
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 470, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and rub with as much spicy chipotle rub as you like.
While the chicken cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; cut the strawberries into quarters.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Assemble the salad
- Time the chicken.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the cilantro.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.