In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy chorizo and tomatillo chili with coconut and lime
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Spicy
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Fresh chorizo and tangy tomatillos, plus mild poblano and ancho chiles, all add up to one deeply flavorful (and paleo) chili; so delicious you won’t miss the beans.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1 organic yellow onion or shallots
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic poblano (optional)
- 1 ancho chile (optional)
- Chili spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 pound crushed tomatillos
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 630, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 770mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chorizo
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chorizo cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- If using the poblano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; coarsely chop the poblano. Wash your hands after handling.
- If using the ancho, remove the stem and shake out the seeds; tear the ancho into 3 or 4 pieces. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the chili
Add the chorizo and 2 cups [4 cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatillos and ancho are completely soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Garnish the chili.