In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chorizo burrito bowls with peach-corn salad and honey-lime vinaigrette
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
A summery take on burrito bowls, this fresh chorizo version takes only 20 minutes to throw together and celebrate the season’s produce with a fruit-forward salad.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 pound organic jicama
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette (EVOO - lime juice - onion - honey - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes)
Calories: 800, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 100g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 4.02g (8% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and char the corn
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
While the corn cooks, prepare the jicama and chorizo.
Prep and cook the jicama and chorizo
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ¼-inch cubes.
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the jicama and chorizo cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the peach-corn salad; finish the rice
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into 1-inch pieces.
- Rinse the pinto beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
To the pot with the rice, stir in the beans and cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Shuck the corn.
- Rinse the beans.
- Assemble the peach-corn salad.