In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chorizo chili with sweet potatoes and tomatillos
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Zippy chorizo and ancho chile, plus tangy tomatillos and our favorite garnishes, turn this paleo one-pan chile into a quick meal that tastes as if it’s been simmering all day.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 ancho chile (optional)
- Sunbasket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup crushed tomatillos
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Nutrition per serving
Calories 590, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 1020mg (44% DV), Total Carb. 48g (17% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chorizo
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chorizo cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining chili ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- If using the ancho, remove the stem and shake out the seeds; finely chop enough ancho to measure up to 2 tablespoons [3 TBL]. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the chili
Add the tomatillos, chorizo, and 2 cups [3 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is cooked through and the chili has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the water for the chili.
- Add the garnishes.