In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chorizo fajitas with charred mushrooms and lime yogurt
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Chorizo and Chef Justine’s custom spice blend bring big flavor fast to these colorful fajitas, along with charred mushrooms and peppers topped with lime yogurt.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1 organic red onion
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sun Basket fajita spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
If you have any remaining tortillas, you can turn them into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Calories: 660, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 50mg (17% DV), Sodium: 1190mg (50% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chorizo
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chorizo cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- If using the jalapeño, cut in half lengthwise and remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; cut the jalapeño crosswise into ¼-inch-wide slices. Wash your hands after handling.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- RRemove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
Warm the tortillas
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Juice the lime.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Assemble their own fajitas.