In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chorizo paella with cauliflower “rice” and aioli
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Paleo paella that comes together in about 20 minutes—what’s not to like? Chorizo and paprika add a smoky kick, while cauliflower “rice” stands in for the traditional short-grain.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- Sunbasket paella sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - anchovies - turmeric)
- 3 ounces baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket aioli (paleo mayo - lemon juice - garlic)
Calories: 420, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Brown the chorizo
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chorizo cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Cook the paella
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Dollop the aioli.