In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan-spiced chicken breasts with melon-cucumber salad
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Cucumbers and melons are close cousins, botanically speaking. It makes perfect sense that they come together in this refreshing salad, a juicy counterpoint to Moroccan-inspired chicken, rubbed with ground cinnamon and coriander before searing. Served with an almond-cilantro sala, it’s an ideal meal for a hot summer day.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce skin-on boneless chicken breasts
- Chicken seasoning blend (coriander-cinnamon)
- ½ ounce almonds
- 1 half cantaloupe
- ¼ pound Persian cucumber
- 1 avocado
- Fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Calories 700, Total Fat 51g (65% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Season the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
Toast the almonds
Prepare the melon-cucumber salad
- Scoop out the seeds from the cantaloupe, cut away the peel, and cut the flesh in half. Cut the sections crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, then into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Pit, peel, and cut the avocado into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; tear the leaves into coarse pieces.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Cook the chicken
Make the almond-cilantro salsa
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Finely chop the garlic. With the side of a knife, mash the garlic to a coarse paste.