In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Classic chicken noodle soup with bucatini
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
This otherwise classic chicken noodle soup gets a subtle zing with the addition of fresh ginger. Our pre-prepped mirepoix speeds things along and brings that long-cooked flavor.
In your bag
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 1 organic leek
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh parsley
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Calories: 560, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 14g (22% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the bucatini
While the bucatini cooks, prepare the vegetables and start the soup.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, allowing any dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Cook the soup
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Break the bucatini into pieces.
- Soak the leek and pat dry.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish with the parsley.