Pacific cod curry with lemongrass and broken rice
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving, 30 - 40 Minutes
A by-product of the milling process, broken rice grains absorb more water than whole rice does. The finished rice has a wonderfully dense texture. Rinsing the rice helps wash out excess starch, so it cooks up soft and sticky. It’s perfect for soaking up all the goodness in this fragrant, lemongrass-infused coconut milk curry.
- 1 cup broken rice
- ½ pound baby bok choy
- 2 ounces roasted red bell peppers
- Two 6-ounce Pacific cod fillets
- 3 chiles de arbol (optional)
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (Lemongrass - fresh garlic - ground turmeric - olive oil - fresh ginger - salt)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Cook the rice
- In a strainer, rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the peppers into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the cod
- Pat the cod dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Prep the garnishes
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro; separate the bunch into leaves.
- Juice half the lime; cut the other half into wedges.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 710, Protein: 35 g, Total Fat: 22 g,Monounsaturated Fat: 11.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Carbohydrates: 92 g, Fiber: 5 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 950 mg