In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coconut curried chicken with squash, mushrooms, and basil
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
We love one-pan meals like this easy, comforting coconut curry enriched by our house-made tomato base and studded with tender mushrooms and squash.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic yellow or other summer squash
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
Calories 510, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 220mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 31g (11% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 57g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 2-inch-thick strips, then cut the strips crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken browns, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
Cook the curry
Add the coconut milk, tomato base, and mushrooms and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the chicken and any accumulated juices. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the curry is almost done, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the basil.