In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coconut curry with jumbo shrimp and cauliflower over basmati rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Pescatarian, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
You might as well call this dish “comfort curry” because it warms you from the inside out. Inspired by the spice markets of India, we infuse fresh seafood with fragrant turmeric, cardamom, cumin, and garam masala.
In your bag
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- 1 organic leek
- ½ pound organic cauliflower florets
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket Indian spice blend (turmeric - cardamom - coriander - cumin - garam masala - Aleppo chile flakes - nutmeg)
- 1 cup coconut milk
Calories 780, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 21g (105% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 115mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Cut any large cauliflower florets in half.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shellfish. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque.
Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the shellfish are cooking, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the curry
In the same pan used for the shellfish, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the leek and cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the bell pepper, garlic, and Indian spice blend, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and the curry is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the shellfish and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice to individual bowls and top with the curry. Garnish with the cashews and cilantro and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Soak the leek and pat dry.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with the cashews and cilantro.