Coconut milk tofu and red rice
While this tofu braised in a lemongrass-infused coconut milk is delicious all on its own, we like it even better when paired with nutty red rice, an heirloom grain grown in Bhutan’s Paro Valley. The rice fields there are s irrigated with glacier water that’s rich in trace minerals and makes the grain an excellent source of potassium and magnesium.
- 3/4 cup red rice
- 1-2 shallots
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 Fresno chili pepper (optional)
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 12 ounces Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 5-6 leaves Napa cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste (lemongrass - garlic - ginger - turmeric - oil - kosher salt)
- ½ cup coconut milk
Cook the rice
While the rice is cooking, prep the other ingredients.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Seed and thinly slice the Fresno pepper, if using.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut the cabbage into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Cook the vegetables
Cook the tofu
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 650, Protein: 28 g, Total Fat: 27 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.5 g, Saturated Fat: 5.5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 81 g, Fiber 10 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 760 mg