In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Southeast Asian coconut-poached salmon with red chard
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Poaching salmon in a lemongrass-spiked coconut milk broth is a nourishing way to warm up on a cold winter night. Coconut milk also helps boost your immunity. Part of Sunbasket’s January healthy eating plan, this quick main course pulls together ingredients that clean you from the inside out, from omega-3-rich wild salmon and anchovies, to ginger to promote digestion.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 anchovy fillets
- Two 6-ounce skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets
- 1 lime
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - turmeric - garlic - fresh ginger - olive oil - salt)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch red chard
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
Calories 690, Total Fat 51g (65% DV), Sat. Fat 14g (70% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 940mg (41% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 3g (11% DV), Protein 41g
Wash produce before use
Prep the broth and poach the salmon
- Finely chop the anchovy.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Zest the lime; juice half and cut the other half into wedges, reserving the wedges for serving.
While the salmon cooks, prepare the chard.
Cook the chard
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.