In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coconut rice with okra and paneer
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
In Malaysia, coconut rice is enjoyed all day long, even at breakfast. Here it’s part of a hearty vegetarian dinner with protein-packed paneer cheese. Boiling the okra briefly before sautéing cuts down on the vegetable’s viscous nature and helps it cook up crisp.
In your bag
- ½ ounce fresh ginger
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 10 ounces okra
- 6 ounces paneer
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1½ tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots
Calories 650, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 1010mg (44% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Protein 18g
Wash produce before use
- Cut half of the ginger into thin slices and reserve the rest.
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Trim the tops and tips of the okra.
- Cut the paneer into 2-inch cubes.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon water into the tamarind paste.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Peel and finely chop the remaining ginger.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Cook okra, paneer