In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coconut shrimp with cucumber salad and spicy pineapple-ginger mayo
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Featuring crisp coconut shrimp and our pineapple-ginger mayo for dipping, this mouthwatering dish will transport you on an island vacation. Not too shabby for a 20-minute meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket paleo batter blend (coconut flour - arrowroot powder - granulated garlic)
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket spicy pineapple-ginger mayo (pineapple - paleo mayo - sambal oelek - coconut aminos - garlic - ginger)
Calories 720, Total Fat 56g (72% DV), Sat. Fat 27g (135% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 240mg (80% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; thinly slice the cucumber.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, stir together the honey-lime vinaigrette base and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cucumber, radishes, carrots, and sesame seeds and stir to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the shellfish.
Prep the shellfish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, paleo batter blend, and ⅓ cup [⅔ cup] cold water until a thin batter forms, adding more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the coconut with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Rinse and drain the shellfish. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
To the bowl with the batter, add the shellfish and toss to coat. Working with one shellfish at a time, let the excess batter drip off and gently press the shellfish into the coconut, coating all over; shake off any excess.
Cook the shellfish
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shellfish in a single layer and cook, turning once, until crisp, golden brown, and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 3 to 4 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp or scallops. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
Transfer the cucumber salad and shellfish to individual plates. Stir the spicy pineapple-ginger mayo to recombine and serve on the side.
- Stir the honey-lime vinaigrette base and oil.
- Assemble the salad.
- Season the coconut and spread on a plate.
- Time the shellfish.
- Line a plate with paper towels.