In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coconut shrimp with cucumber salad and spicy pineapple-ginger mayo
Carb-Conscious, Spicy, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Featuring crisp coconut shrimp and our pineapple-ginger mayo for dipping, this mouthwatering dish will transport you to an island vacation. Not too shabby for a 20-minute meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic egg
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Sunbasket spicy pineapple-ginger mayo (pineapple - paleo mayo - sambal oelek - coconut aminos - garlic - ginger) (optional)
Calories: 670, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 55g (85% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 27g (135% DV), Cholesterol: 230mg (77% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; thinly slice the cucumber.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, stir together the honey-lime vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cucumber, radishes, carrots, and sesame seeds and stir to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the shellfish.
Prep the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shellfish. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, combine the coconut and granulated garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer.
Working with a few shellfish at a time, dip the shellfish into the egg, turning to coat; let the excess drip off. Gently press the shellfish into the coconut mixture, coating all sides; shake off any excess.
Cook the shellfish
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shellfish in a single layer and cook, turning once, until crisp, golden brown, and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp or scallops. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
Transfer the cucumber salad and shellfish to individual plates. If using the spicy pineapple-ginger mayo, stir to recombine and serve on the side.
- Stir the honey-lime vinaigrette base and oil.
- Assemble the salad.
- Combine the coconut and garlic and season.
- Line a plate with paper towels.