In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cod fasolada with carrot fritters and lemon-herb oil
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
The national dish of Greece, fasolada is a hearty bean soup. We add fish to pack in more protein, and carrot fritters on the side for color and crunch.
In your bag
- 1 lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 leek
- 3 or 4 celery ribs (about ½ pound total)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup cooked cannellini beans
- 1 or 2 carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Carrot spice blend (coconut flour - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 ounces leafy greens (such as chopped kale)
Calories: 580, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the lemon-herb oil ingredients
- Zest and juice the lemon; set aside the juice for the soup. [Zest 1 lemon; juice both lemons.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prepare the herb oils
Carefully spoon 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] rosemary oil over the parsley mixture and set aside for garnish. Reserve 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] rosemary oil in the pan for cooking the fritters.
Prep the soup ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Rinse and pat dry.
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Rinse the cannellini beans.
Prep and cook the carrot fritters
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the carrots.
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- To the bowl with the beaten egg, stir in the carrots until just combined. Add the carrot spice blend, season with salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
While the carrot fritters cook, make the soup.
Cook the soup
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fish into 2-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Rinse the leeks.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Scrub the carrots.