In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cod steamed in banana leaves with kaffir lime
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Banana leaves make a fragrant and convenient packet for steaming fish; they seal in moisture and impart a subtle grass-like aroma. In the time the cod steams, you’ll be able to cook the cabbage and prep the cilantro sauce to serve alongside. For a strictly paleo version of the cabbage, swap in white wine for the mirin rice wine.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce wild Pacific cod fillets
- 4 banana leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ ounce fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound Napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 6 chiles de arbol (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (optional)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Calories: 650, Protein: 36 g, Fiber: 5 g, Total Fat: 31 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 830 mg, Carbohydrates: 45 g, Added Sugars: 5 g.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the cod
- Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper.
Cook the cod
Cook the cabbage
- Peel and thinly slice the ginger.
- Coarsely chop the garlic.
- Coarsely chop the cabbage.
Make the cilantro sauce
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lime.