In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coriander-crusted tuna Niçoise
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
A meal in itself, Niçoise salad is served in cafes across southern France, typically with canned tuna. Chef Justine transforms it by pan-searing fresh tuna in an ingenious crust of crushed coriander seeds, which lend both citrusy flavor and crunch.
In your bag
- 6 ounces new potatoes
- ¼ pound green beans
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1½ ounces Kalamata olives
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Two 6-ounce wild Albacore tuna steaks
- Mustard vinaigrette base (whole grain mustard - sherry vinegar - maple syrup)
- 3 ounces mixed greens
Nutrition per serving
Calories 680, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 230mg (77% DV), Sodium 960mg (42% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Protein 51g
Contains: Eggs, Fish
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Cut the olives in half.
Cook the potatoes
Cook the green beans and eggs
Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes for soft-boiled, 8 minutes for hard-boiled. Using a slotted spoon, remove them from the hot water, then run under cold water to cool them. Peel carefully. While the eggs cook, prepare the tuna.
Cook the tuna
- Using the bottom of a bowl, pan, or rolling pin, on a cutting board, lightly crush the coriander seeds. Transfer to a plate.
- Pat the tuna steaks dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper. Press each side into the coriander seeds to coat generously.
Make the dressing; assemble the salad
In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and olives. Add as much of the mustard vinaigrette as you like and toss to coat. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if needed.