In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Summer corn and quinoa chowder
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This simple chowder combines the traditional duo of corn and creamy Yukon Gold potatoes with red quinoa for extra texture and protein. Just a bit of yogurt stirred in at the end gives it the richness of a traditional cream-based soup without overloading on the fat. If you have a grill pan, grilled ciabatta provides a smoky note while you sop up the broth.
In your bag
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- ½ pound red bell peppers
- 6 ounces Yukon Gold potato
- 2 ears corn
- Fresh dill
- 2/3 cup red quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 ciabatta roll
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Nutrition per serving
Calories 620, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 97g (35% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Protein 21g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Stem, seed, and cut the red pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut the potato into ¼-inch cubes.
- Shuck the corn; lay the cobs flat and cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Strip the dill leaves from the stems.
Make the chowder
Stir in the quinoa, pour in 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the sherry vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the chowder cooks, prepare the bread.
Toast the bread
- Cut the ciabatta roll in half, brush the cut sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper.