In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Corn fritters with snap pea salad
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Fresh-from-the-cob kernels bound with the lightest of batters give these vegetarian fritters mass appeal. Cornmeal in the batter enhances the corn flavor while a final dollop of lime yogurt provides richness and tang.
In your bag
- 2 limes
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 to 3 red radishes
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- 2 ears corn
- 2 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Batter blend (all-purpose flour - cornmeal - sugar - baking powder - salt - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 2 ounces baby kale
Calories: 590, Protein: 20 g, Fiber: 10 g, Total Fat: 29 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 120 mg, Sodium: 750 mg, Carbohydrates: 73 g, Added Sugars: 2 g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Make the lime yogurt and salad dressing
- Zest 1 lime; juice both limes.
In a large bowl, combine 1½ teaspoons lime juice with 1 tablespoon oil. Season the snap pea salad dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the snap pea salad
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut the radishes in half; thinly slice the halves.
- Trim the stem ends from the snap peas; thinly slice the snap peas on the diagonal.
Make the corn fritters
- Shuck the corn; lay the cobs flat and cut the kernels from the cobs. (To watch how, click here.)
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
Cook the corn fritters
In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Using a large spoon or 1/3 cup measure, add the corn batter to the pan about 1/3 cup per fritter. Cook until well browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined sheet pan and keep warm in the oven. While the fritters cook, assemble the snap pea salad.
Assemble the salad