In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cornmeal-crusted barramundi with spicy tomato-dill rémoulade
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Chef Brie owes this beloved dish to her grandma Dorothy and great-grandma Laurin, who were famous for their Southern fried fish served with Tabasco, lemon, and greens.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket spicy rémoulade (extra virgin olive oil - whole grain mustard - Dijon mustard - sweet paprika - Tabasco - anchovy paste - sherry vinegar - kosher salt)
- ½ cup cornmeal
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 5 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 710, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato-dill rémoulade
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the rémoulade and the salad); cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons and juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges for garnish.]
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, dill, and lemon zest. Add the spicy rémoulade and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice and stir until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the fish
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornmeal with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Transfer the fish to a plate and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Working with 1 fillet at a time, dredge the fish in the cornmeal, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish (skin side down for the barramundi) and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky and the crust is golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. While the fish is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula salad
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, radishes, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 to 2 teaspoon oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the arugula salad to individual plates and top with the fish. Spoon over the tomato-dill rémoulade and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Juice the lemon.
- Combine the tomatoes, scallions, dill, and lemon zest.
- Season the cornmeal; spread on a plate.
- Time the fish.
- Assemble the arugula salad.