In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cornmeal-crusted barramundi with spicy tomato-dill rémoulade
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Chef Brie owes this dish to her grandma Dorothy and great-grandma Laurin, who were famous for their Southern fried fish served with Tabasco, lemon, and greens.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket spicy rémoulade (extra virgin olive oil - whole grain mustard - Dijon mustard - sweet paprika - Tabasco - anchovy paste - sherry vinegar - kosher salt)
- ½ cup cornmeal
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 wild Pacific skin-on king salmon fillet (about 10 ounces)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 5 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 650, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tomato-dill rémoulade
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the juice for the salad. Cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons and juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, dill, lemon zest, and spicy rémoulade and stir until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the fish
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the cornmeal with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Transfer the fish to a plate (if using king salmon, cut in half crosswise); season lightly with salt and pepper.
Working with 1 fillet at a time, dredge the fish in the cornmeal, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish (skin side down for the barramundi or king salmon) and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky and the crust is golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. While the fish is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula salad
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, radishes, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 to 2 teaspoon oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more lemon juice.
Transfer the arugula salad to individual plates and top with the fish. Spoon over the tomato-dill rémoulade and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Juice the lemon.
- Combine the tomatoes, scallions, dill, and lemon zest.
- Season the cornmeal; spread on a plate.
- Time the fish.
- Assemble the arugula salad.